Sunday, May 27, 2007

Settled in...

Well, a week has already gone by. I am finally settling in to my "home" and getting to know the city a bit more. Phil and I went into downtown Melbourne yesterday and were so distracted by all the cool sights that we forgot to take any pictures. LOL! We ate in Chinatown which was really good and we did a lot of walking because it was such a nice day.

Today my host family took us up to one of the local "hills" which was more like a mountain. It's called "Mt. Dandenong". We could see all of Melbourne, Port Phillip Bay and some other mountain ranges from the top. This is a picture of us up there. It was really windy.

I start my second week tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. The school schedules are really crazy here. I have a different schedule everyday for 2 weeks and then it starts all over again. I just wrote it all out in my planner today.

I miss everyone at home already!!! This place is amazing but I have learned in my years of traveling that nothing ever compares to home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Amy,

I guess it's appropriate that you are sounding like Dorothy in your last entry since you are in OZ! "There's no place like home...."

It's great that you forgot to take pics--this sometimes makes for a richer experience!

So glad you are filling up your journal, and having some "culture shocks," to use the title of the Dept. student newspaper!

You know I wish blogs had existed when I did my Junior Year Abroad in Paris during the eighties!

Anyhow, the beauty of Australia sounds truly breathtaking! We're looking forward to our postcard with the koala or kangaroo on it!

Take care,
Lydia